Barbe -  Barbe in in Deutschland

Swedish_Carper

Petrijünger
Hallo!

Ich möchte ein paar Informationen über die barbe-angeln in Deutschland!

I just realized that my german will not do the job :) So I'm gonna write the rest of my post in english!
My name's Patric and I'm from Sweden. Me and a friend of mine have discussed going on a trip to try to catch our first barbels! We have thought of England, Holland and Germany.
Germany is the nearest and would make it possible for us to go with our own car and bring our ful gear!

The problem is I have had a hard time finding info about the barbel-fishing in Germany!

Our primary objektive is just catching barbel, good size would be fun but is more of a socondary objektive.

What rivers would you recommend?
How does it work with licenses and permissions?
Anything else we should think about if we
chose to go to Germany?

Best regards/ Patric, Sweden :prost

Hej Hej Patric,

first of all you have to decide in what "Bundesland" you want to go fishing.
There are different rules obtaining a limited fishing licence for tourists in each county.
I'm not quite sure, where to obtain such a licence, but any tourist information will help you finding out!

Due to the fact, I'm not fishing in rivers, I can only guess where to find a good barbel population...
I've heard, that the upper part of river Weser is a good fishing- ground for barbels, but in my opionion any medium or large river would do. If you decide to go to Nordrhein- Westfalen, pm me so i can join you! Should be quite interesting to meet a fish-blessed swedish guy :)

I'm sorry about my bad english, but my last swedish lesson was ages ago ;)

Any questions? Ask!

best wishes from tyskland

Jens

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hello Patric,
first you must know in which state you want to fish.
In each state there are different laws, note that you need. In most, there are tourists Schine, you can buy locally.
For barbel fishing on large rivers flow with the best. They are also in reservoirs. Worms as bait, maggots and cheese are best.
Depending on where you want Mezedhes, are the Rhine and the Danube known as a very good barbel grounds.

According to the literal laws of Bavaria is this: Foreigners residing temporarily in Bavaria get a fishing license, the maximum of three months of the year is valid. After successfully completing the Fischer-testing they can, regardless of nationality and place of residence, fishing sham receive for life.

For Baden - Württemberg: Foreign nationals who are staying longer than a month in Baden-Württemberg will be issued without proof of competence a fishing license. For longer stays they must give Fischer test and reach the fishing license. The Baden-Wuerttemberg fishing license will receive foreigners even if they still have their residence in their home country.

North Rhine - Westphalia: Foreign tourists also have to buy a fishing license. It is issued without passing the Fischer test if they demonstrate that they have for the exercise of fishing skills required. Keep it for longer than a year in North Rhine-Westphalia, they must take the test fishing.

You see, the laws in Germany are complicated.
If you have questions, they ask, is here to help them.

With kind regards Tobias
Sorry, for my bad english!!!!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thanks for all the helpful posts! :) And for those of you who don't think your english is very good, I'm no english-expert myself! And I don't have any problems understanding what any of you write and thats what it's all about :)

One of the problems with what state we would like to visit is that we don't know in what states barbel is presented! We could consider going anywhere in Germany, but the closer to Sweden the better! (to keep time and financial costs down :)

If someone knows some good barbel-spots and would like to fish with us for a couple of days it would be great! I would gladly pay back with some Swedish fishing if that would be interesting :prost

// Patric

Hey,

I'm not an expert in Barbel-fishing, but as I know are in little trout-brooks (richtig so????) or littler rivers often barbels, too. I saw someones in a little River in Luxembourg, the fishing in such cind of rivers is absolutely dreamlike, you stay in the cool water in the summer and try to catch these Barbels you can see exactly. It's really nice, but I'm sorry, I can't say where you can find these rivers in Germany...

By trend not in the north...
:)

Hallo Patric,

this link
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/88/German_postcode_information.png

shows an overview of the German postal codes, abbreviated PLZ. In areas 46 and 47 (Nordrhein-Westfalen) big barbel were caught in the Rhine in the last years. May be you can find some reports and further information about licence distribution points, etc. here on this pages. For example:

https://www.fisch-hitparade.de/fischhitparade/all/6-barbe.html#
https://www.fisch-hitparade.de/angeln.php?t=56313

Sorry, my own zip code is 85 in Bavaria – for the Rhine I am unfortunately the wrong address. Perhaps you can find a specimen hunter here in the forum.

Petri,
Peter

Good evening,

in my opinion the top water for barbel fishing are the following.

River Rhine in North Rhine-Westphalia especially between Neuss and the border to the Netherlands.
About 90Km water full of fishes.
You can buy 3-day- fishing licenses for only €10.
Use heavy feeder rods and large feeder cages. You should use maggots or cheese as hookbait.
Don´t think it´s easy to catch barbels there.
Unfortunately it isn´t. But if you could find a hot spot you´ll have very good fishes.
Most common species are Common bream, Barbels, Walleye, Roach, Catfish, Perch and Asp.

The other good river for barbels is the river Moselle between Cochem and Koblenz.
One month fishing license coasts €24.
River Moselle is a river with low stream, so it´s ok to use medium feeder rods and medium feeder cages.
Great landscapes and guest rooms everywhere along the river are good reasons to spend one or two weeks there.
I should mention that you have the opportunity to do some wine tasting;)

Don´t hesitate to ask further questions!

Sincerely yours

Michael

Thanks for interesting posts! :)

Glasauge: Is it just to buy a licence and go fishing or is there any other obligations we would need to do? We have talked about going for a 4-5 days trip, is it realistic to think that we would catch barbel if we went to Rhine or Mossele? You mention catfish, how common are those? Is it wels catfish? :)

regards/Patric

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben